Pediatric Emergency Medicine
This authoritative reference equips you with the essential knowledge
to provide comprehensive and effective care to children in an emergency
setting. From age-specific diagnoses and chief complaints through developmental
considerations and psychosocial issues, this text guides you through
the full range of medical and surgical conditions commonly encountered
when treating pediatric emergencies. The use of full color throughout,
diagnostic algorithms, text boxes, charts, clinical pearls and
pitfalls, and other visual features ensure the book will make crucial
clinical information easy to find and apply.
- Tap into expert guidance on all aspects of pediatric emergency medicine, from the physical exam and usual and unusual presentations through to disposition criteria and transfer issues.
- Access step-by-step guidance on administering critical life support
interventions and providing effective diagnostic and therapeutic
- Quickly review specific treatment protocols for various emergency
settings, including general emergency departments, community hospitals,
tertiary care centers, EMS and transport, and triage.
- Find information fast with or without a known diagnosis, with content organized both by chief complaints and by specific diagnoses.
- Better understand how problems present differently in infants, children, and adolescents with age-specific diagnoses.
- Identify and manage the psychosocial issues surrounding pediatric patients, including major depression and suicidality, sexual and physical abuse, child neglect, and violence.
- Easily absorb key information with the aid of text boxes, algorithms, clinical pearls, and pitfalls.
- Retrieve information easily with a consistent templated format
"This book on pediatric emergency medicine is geared toward helping
physicians manage their patients in real time. Each chapter begins by
outlining key points, then proceeds to an introduction of the topic,
basic approach and diagnosis, and a discussion of management issues. The
chapters are liberally complemented by pictures, charts, and tables in
order to help guide diagnosis and management. It is written for all
healthcare professionals taking care of pediatric patients in an
emergency care setting. The comprehensive review is a good tool to have
as a reference for both residents and attending in an emergency
department or urgent care setting." - Doody's 4 Stars
textbook is an excellent resource to add to any emergency department
setting. It is reader friendly, serving both as a quick reference and as
a substantive educational resource." - JAMA, February 2009
textbook is a refreshing update to the existing pediatric emergency
medicine literature. With over 200 contributors, the editors of this
text have provided a comprehensive review of problems facing pediatric
emergency and urgent care providers. Perhaps the book's greatest
strength is its color graphics which elevate this text to a level above
similar publications. I found this text to be extremely well organized
and inclusive of all problems relevant to emergency pediatric care. This
text will be a great addition to any ED or urgent care clinic library." Annals of Emergency Medicine, July 2009 Book Description
Equips ou with the essential knowledge you need to provide
compassionate and effective care to children in an emergency setting
GET IT HERE
By (author) Jill M. Baren MD MBE
FACEP FAAP, Steven G. Rothrock MD FACEP FAAP, John Brennan MD FAAP
FACEP, Lance Brown MD MPH FACEP FAAP
|List Price: ||$188.00 USD |
|New From: ||$149.98 In Stock |
|Used from: ||$150.83 In Stock|
================================Related Subject Neonatal Skin: Structure And Function, Second Edition, Revised And ExpandedManual of Pediatric Hematology and OncologyVisual Diagnosis and Treatment in PediatricsAtlas of Pediatric Physical Diagnosis: Text with Online Access (Zitelli, Atlas of Pediatric Physical KAPLAN USMLE STEP 2 CK LECTURE NOTES, PEDIATRICS