Membership NO : 1
Posts : 1674
Join date : 2011-03-27
|Subject: The Harriet Lane Handbook: A Manual for Pediatric House Officers, 17th Edition Fri May 20, 2011 6:07 am|| |
Join STARZ Free Trial NOW !!
Read More by Click The Banner Below
The Harriet Lane Handbook: A Manual for Pediatric House Officers, 17th Edition
For more than 50 years, The Harriet Lane Handbook has been the pediatrician’s reference of choice and for good
reason. Its unsurpassed diagnostic and management guidance, recommended
tests, complete therapeutic information, and comprehensive drug
formulary make it essential for anyone who treats children. Now, the
17th Edition is completely revised and updated to provide readers with
the latest treatments, guidelines, procedures, and management
recommendations all in the easy-to-use, quick-access format that’s made
it a bestseller. BONUS handheld software
lets you download and synchronize diagnostic and management guidelines,
recommended tests, complete therapeutic information, a comprehensive
drug formulary with FDA pregnancy notations and trade/generic name drug index, and more than 15 medical calculators.
- Comes with bonus handheld software.
- Organizes a wealth of information into a convenient, pocket-sized format.
- Focuses on the safety and efficacy of drugs in children.
- Covers FDA Pregnancy Category notations and information on the effects of drugs in breast milk.
- Includes step-by-step emergency management protocols, growth charts, and more.
- Uses an outline format for each disease chapter with algorithms,
charts, tables, and drawings that highlight critical information.
GET IT HERE Related Subject Neonatal Skin: Structure And Function, Second Edition, Revised And ExpandedManual of Pediatric Hematology and OncologyVisual Diagnosis and Treatment in PediatricsAtlas of Pediatric Physical Diagnosis: Text with Online Access (Zitelli, Atlas of Pediatric Physical KAPLAN USMLE STEP 2 CK LECTURE NOTES, PEDIATRICS
- Offers a new section on pediatric allergy covering food allergy · RAS testing vs. skin testing · and more.
- Features a new chapter on rhuematologic disorders of children, including SLE, rheumatic fever, and JRA.
- Integrates key surgical topics, such as neonatal surgical issues
encountered in the NICU and the acute abdomen in the ER, into existing
- Provides updates to the trusted trademark formulary, including indications for use in lactating women, side effects, drug interactions, and precautions, plus the latest drugs and dosages approved for pediatric patients.
- Presents a new streamlined organization with redundancies removed and more visual elements added.
- Uses all redrawn line drawings to incorporate a 2nd color, making reference easier than ever.